dilluns 14 2026

The Van Gelder Studio,

Hackensack NJ

Recording Sessions

Disc 10












01. Little Red

02. Gracias

03. How I Spent The Night

04. How I Spent The Night (alternate take)

05. Blues For Benny

06. The Heat's On

07. Out Of Nowhere


Benny Powell, trombone; 

Frank Foster, tenor sax; 

Gildo Mahones, piano; 

Percy Heath, bass; 

Kenny Clarke, drums.


May 5, 1954


08. Garrity's Flight (as Garrity's Night)

09. Indian Summer

10. I've Got The World On A String

11. Stephanie's Dance (as Little Pete)


Joe Roland, vibes; 

Freddie Redd, piano; 

Oscar Pettiford, bass; 

Ron Jefferson, drums.

Dick Garcia, electric guitar.


May 10, 1954


4 comentaris:

DocMF ha dit...

https://pixeldrain.com/u/BiEc8vPM

Patrick ha dit...

Super Doc! Merci pour les "Recording Sessions" #10...
Remarquables Séries "Van Gelder"

soulpapa ha dit...

Thanks Doc!

soulpapa ha dit...

An excellent share! Really loved Little Red! Always wondered, how did they decide on what to name all these jazz instrumentals?

Who Plays ? Disc 4 (For Patrick: All tracks recorded in Par is)